The Life and Times of Jonathan, Christine, Maggie, Jack, and Thomas
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Watkins Glen Gorge
Kathleen and Luke made at trip up to see us for the long weekend (and celebrate my bday). We had tons of fun with the kids and spent quite a bit of time outdoors, enjoying the beautiful warm weather that seems to be slipping away up here... So, Sunday - Kathleen was dying to go to Watkins Glen to visit this amazing state park there. There is a gorge along the Glen River (?) and they've made a gorge trail along it. I am telling you - it was incredible. I haven't seen anything quite like it since we honeymooned in Hawaii. So, the four of us decided to hike it - 1.5 miles up to the top of the gorge - carrying the kids the whole way. And when I mean carrying - I mean - on our hips & shoulders as we have no hiking baby carriers. So, we did it. It was awesome and the kids loved it. And here are a ton of pictures from it:
Wow! A couple of those came out terrific! I LOVE the one of the kids....precious.
That little hike was so much fun. I took me damn near 2 full weeks to recover from it, but it was well worth it! Next time, I am bringing a quality camera.
2 comments:
Wow! A couple of those came out terrific! I LOVE the one of the kids....precious.
That little hike was so much fun. I took me damn near 2 full weeks to recover from it, but it was well worth it! Next time, I am bringing a quality camera.
Man! You make cute kids...
Post a Comment