I first saw this on our friend Kennan's Facebook page. And I made a remark that I probably shouldn't do this because the soundtrack to my life, as comes up on my iTunes would comprise of mostly Richard Marx songs. Then Sarah did it... and well, now... I'm just straight up curious. Just how many Richard Marx songs comprise the soundtrack of my life?
So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc.)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool
Opening Credits: "Mexico" by James Taylor. Huh. Great song...nice and mellow... good intro to a movie in my opinion.
Waking Up: "Take This Heart" by Richard Marx. Well that didn't take long.
First Day At School: "Your World" by Richard Marx. This is actually a decent song for the first day of school kind of event - it's a father singing to his kid about how the world belongs to him/her now.
Falling In Love: "Should've Known Better" by Richard Marx. (i'm seeing a trend here...). But - ouch.
Fight Song: "Once in a Lifetime" by Keith Urban. (who, by the way, I like to refer to as my Richard Marx of country music :)). Not a good fight song though.
Breaking Up: "Endless Summer Nights" By Richard Marx. Very fitting.
Prom: "Those Sweet Words" by Norah Jones. Perfect. prom is pretty mushy like this.
Life's OK: "Congratulations" by Blue October. Definitely NOT a "life's ok" song but it IS my new favorite.
Mental Breakdown: "Again" by Richard Marx. Sort of fits. Also a new find (this song is on the first Richard cd I've bought in approximately 10 years, to my defense).
Driving: "Calling You" by Richard Marx. Bleh.
Flashback: "My Immortal" by Evanescence. Yikes.
Getting Back Together: "O Come All Ye Faithful" by Josh Groban. this is getting just a little funny.
Wedding: "Georgia Rain" by Trisha Yearwood. totally inappropriate to be singing about an old love at wedding time.
Birth of Child: "Heaven's Waiting" by Richard Marx. again - horrible match.
Final Battle: "Dance" by Petra. PERFECT song. "Dance with the one who brung ya! Dance with the one who got you there!" (this would be a la Jono)
Death Scene: "Creepin' In" by Norah Jones. YIKES.
Funeral Song: "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake. I could not have ended on a more inappropriate note.
End Credits: "All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey. WTH?
Well, there it is. The horribly assembled soundtrack of my life. Of 19 songs, 7 are Richard Marx. And the remainder did not fit all that well. I must have needs to update my iTunes.
1 comment:
I'm a little scared to see what mine would be. . . . considering that most of the music is Christopher's.
Post a Comment