
This is what happens when you've asked your almost - three - year - old to "help" you make Banana Nut Bread with Chocolate Chips ... and then leave the batter bowl unattended for approximately 3 minutes with said three-year-old standing over it. That white stuff you see? That's salt. Which the recipe does NOT call for. Because I took the pic with my phone you can't also see the many specs of black pepper that accompany the salt that is coating the mixture.
What did I do, you ask? Well after sending said child to a brief timeout (her only infraction really being that she knows to not play with the salt and pepper shakers), I scraped out as much as I could, and then baked it. I decided that I wouldn't make a new mix because then there would 0 cause and effect learning here. And I explained that the bread may not taste that great because she added ingredients she wasn't supposed to. But as it turns out, it's not too bad. A little on the 'spicy' side but not bad.
1 comment:
This is hilarious!!! :) Perhaps this is the beginning of an illustirious culinary career for little Maggie - daring to combine unusual ingredients in a way that challenges our in-the-box thinking about banana bread. He hee...
Post a Comment