so, I've been tapped to fill out this lil bitty survey by my friend Emilie. Who also tapped Sarah. And I believe that leaves me with no one else to tap as... Sarah already tapped Allison and I don't think anyone really ever reads our blog! so the Buck ends here.
1. How many children do you have? 2 (unless you count Maggie as more than 1 child)
2. What are their ages? Maggie is 2.5, Jack is 1.5
3. What time do you start your day? It is getting later.... usually 8 these days. Days that Jon has to teach, closer to 7.
4. What do you eat for breakfast? Kellog's Smart Start or eggs. And coffee. Though everyone who knows me already knows that.
5. Do your kids watch TV? Yes - mostly only in the morning, unless it's Dora the Explorer at 7pm. Mags loves the Disney playhouse shows but usually only sees Wiggles, Tigger & Pooh, & Little Einsteins. Jack pays a small amount of attention to the shows, but is usually trying to upset Maggie by turning the TV off over and over again on her.
6. What are their favorite activities? Jack loves to play ball. Anything to do with a ball. Maggie likes to sing, color, climb, play dress up...
7. Do you get a break during the day for some you time? Sometimes. Some days their nap time is work time for me, as I work from home. When work isn't busy, I get a good 2-2.5 hours of catching up on chores, reading, or just unwinding a little.
8. How do you end your day? Usually watching TV and catching up on any work necessary, but trying to do that as closely as possible with Jon.
9. What is your best parenting advice or tip? Well, Sarah's right about keeping your sense of humor. As for the parenting experience I have up to this point, here's what I think - for Babies: routine, routine, routine. For Toddlers: Teach that everything they do is a choice, and there are consequences/results for both good & bad choices.
1 comment:
I read your blog!
You're right about routine. It's partly the reason Ian was able to sleep through the madness of the fair last night. :-)
Post a Comment