Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's a Monster!!

So... we're in the grocery store this evening, and I am looking at some bananas - trying to pick up a bunch that aren't too green and also aren't a group of 12. Whilst doing so, I hear Maggie going on and on saying something about a "Monster". Not in a scared way, just kind of saying "It's a Monster!" Finally, I glance over to see what in the world she is carrying on about... and I see a man. with a HUGE salt and pepper colored beard. And his wife says to him (as they walk past our cart) "can you understand what she's saying?" to which he replies, "It's sounds like she's calling me a Monster." he turns to Maggie to say, "Oh, do you think I'm a monster?"... and thankfully he doesn't wait for her reply but continues on his way and I hear his voice trailing away saying, "I don't really think that's what she was saying." Through this entire ordeal - from the second I looked up to see that Maggie WAS IN FACT calling this bearded man a "monster" I totally kept my head low and acted like I had NO idea what was going on. Mercifully, it only lasted a matter of seconds and she did not carry on about the monster (as toddlers often do carry on and on about something that strikes them in particular) after he was out of site. I am sure this is just the beginning of many many things my children will say that will heap embarrassment upon us. Sorry, Mom and Dad... for all those thing I ever said (not to mention the Lebanese Taverna incident that I have heard about countless times....)

No comments: