I think the kids would've made her young again. Maggie was only just getting old enough to pay her much attention. Though to be fair... Lucy was always a southern girl - born in ATL, we got her at the Atlanta Humane Society and she spent most of her days in the blazing heat of the South in central A/C of our first couple apartments and then in Charleston. And I've always comforted myself with the thought that she wouldn't have like living in NY much at all. I think the snow might've caused her great consternation. Bless her little doggie paws that always smelled like Nacho Cheese Doritos.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
In Memorium...
It's been a year since we lost our sweet Lucy dog. I miss that worried furrowed brow often.


I think the kids would've made her young again. Maggie was only just getting old enough to pay her much attention. Though to be fair... Lucy was always a southern girl - born in ATL, we got her at the Atlanta Humane Society and she spent most of her days in the blazing heat of the South in central A/C of our first couple apartments and then in Charleston. And I've always comforted myself with the thought that she wouldn't have like living in NY much at all. I think the snow might've caused her great consternation. Bless her little doggie paws that always smelled like Nacho Cheese Doritos.
I think the kids would've made her young again. Maggie was only just getting old enough to pay her much attention. Though to be fair... Lucy was always a southern girl - born in ATL, we got her at the Atlanta Humane Society and she spent most of her days in the blazing heat of the South in central A/C of our first couple apartments and then in Charleston. And I've always comforted myself with the thought that she wouldn't have like living in NY much at all. I think the snow might've caused her great consternation. Bless her little doggie paws that always smelled like Nacho Cheese Doritos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
RIP Lucy...Maizie and Ali send their love and condolences.
Wow... has it been a year already? I still remember the call from your mom like it was yesterday. Poor puppy.. I think about her all of the time, especially when I see Daisy. Doesn't help that I still slip from time to time and call Daisy Lucy. :(
RIP puppy <3
Post a Comment