Wednesday, June 23, 2010

That Blissful 10 Minutes of Peace...

The other morning as I was unloading groceries, I let the kiddos play in the yard so as to finish what I was doing unhindered... I normally don't just let Thomas explore by his lonesome (i.e., without my eye on him every second) as he is at "that age" where if there is trouble/danger/dirt, he will find it. But this morning, I just let it go for about 5 minutes so I could unpack the very few bags I had. And I poked my head out the patio door to check on the three of them to find this:
Thomas had crawled up onto the bench seat all by his big-boy self. Talk about leaping into toddlerhood....




It is such a sweet moment of satisfaction when you see your kids playing quietly and nicely together... like a brief glance at 3, 4, or 5 years into the future when this is the sort of thing they will hopefully enjoy on a more regular basis.

No comments: